Driving Licence Check
As of the 8th June 2015 convictions are no longer recorded on the counter part driving licence as they become obsolete with effect of the 8th June 2015. A new process is now in place via an internet portal which provides a summary of your license.
As part of the verification process of your new policy we are required to supply the insurer with an up to date copy of the summary. In order to obtain this we ask that you follow the directions given below.
Before you begin you will need the following;
- Driving licence number
- National insurance number
- Postcode the licence is registered at
You will need to open a new tab on your browser by clicking on the below link
- Enter your details into the relevant sections
- Select the box ‘View Now’
- This will allow you to view your licence summary
- Select ‘Share your licence information’ which should be in the top right tab
- Select ‘Obtain code’
- This will provide you with a ‘share/check code’ (The code should be 8 characters long containing upper/lower case letters and numbers)
Please note the code is only valid for 21 days and can only be used once.
If you do not have access to the internet you can contact the DVLA direct on 0300 083 0013.
Once you have the code up please complete the below form and copy the code into the relevant section and select submit.